Author Topic: OSTree@FunToo : USA Uptown CTF : pathetic ban?  (Read 8573 times)

OSTree@FunToo

• UrT server admins
  • no shit - just skillzz
    • View Profile
OSTree@FunToo : USA Uptown CTF : pathetic ban?
« on: August 11, 2011, 08:20:44 AM »
...a few days ago I got a permban - why pathetic?
playing on the server with installed b3 we have access to several commands as a registered user like !fl !fp !fa.
in the case of the unfortunate accident (like tk) we have a chance that someone will remit to us only if you express repentance...
Accidents happen and especially if we play the full server and have fun with something not easily predictable as HK.
So it was that day ...I happened to several of these case. I said I'm sorry - I got !fp. Being on the terrace, near the elevator, I got the grenade smoky eyes.
I knew that the opponent camp, so  I shot out a few grenades to clear the way to the flag...it was not easy to aim because I was surrounded by smoke and limited visibility (and ping over 100).
then what i sow was: dowgl: !pb TooxicBunNY tkin biotch   (!!! wtf !!!) I checked the log and someone actually climbed up on my grenades...
to the point: I did not intentionally tk, did not hurt anyone in the spawn, did not used any cheats - then why permban? in general, why this way? and what of b3, which perfectly adjusts to such situations?
us.UO-CTF:
380082   TooxicBunNY   Ban   Sunday, 07/08/2011 (21:59)   permanent   tkin biotch

(btw tkin biotch - you have a strange approach to people (kids), and your comments are vulgar and rude)
dowgl can you explain this to me?
regards

ps no comment on the Canadians on my part (coz i know one wich is fair enought).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:11:05 AM by The-spiki »

No_More!

• [b00bs] clan
    • View Profile
Re: pathetic ban?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 12:50:58 PM »
I can't talk too much about this topic, but b3 only tempbans people and he doesn't do it for more than 60 minutes afaik, so if someone intentionally tk's it would'nt be fit to give him 3 minutes, i normally give 3 days to let them think a bit. (but if someone boots me off the blue wall, I lose it and its prolly a !pb^^)
What I mean is that sometimes human judgement is something we direly need, but humans tend to make mistakes so theres always the chance of human error.

Im sure the situation will be resolved shortly, just kick back for a little, and the "higher-up's" will probably be here soon ;)
What? The land of the free? Whoever told you that is your enemy!

If ignorance is bliss, I'd rather dwell in hell.

I am burning alive, from the inside out, for the fire within me can never be extinguished!

Have fun and Happy fragging!

OSTree@FunToo

• UrT server admins
  • no shit - just skillzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 01:28:26 PM »
Hi,
I have similar feelings on this topic. But there are some rules: either leave the affair in the hands of b3 or you send a pm with a warning, and only when it brings no result - ban. But perm ban? We talk about the HK near the enemy's flag and not a malicious attack in a place where everything seems to indicate intentional malice. Besides, I'm not able to calculate how many times I saw players deliberately making up the grenades and then crying because tk. See what's going on about and what does your team - it's probably normal. If you jump in blindly, then you should not have grief, when you fall on someone else's grenade - right? Besides malignant someone not apologizing for what he did. when I get banned from the b3, I do breake and change the style of play - shit happens. I do not care about US.UO-CTF - it's just a small exercise between madness with SR8. But permban does not give me opportunities to play on other servers.
regards

btw look : http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/109.74.198.237:27965/top_players/    and find me in first 15...long time not seen you there No_More!  ~:E

Edit:
...and find me in first 15(...)
sry, in first 10
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:54:59 AM by OSTree@FunToo »

Nebel

• Married
  • RAW-MEAT's apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 03:57:45 PM »

Accidents happen and especially if we play the full server and have fun with something not easily predictable as HK.
So it was that day ...I happened to several of these case. I said I'm sorry - I got !fp. Being on the terrace, near the elevator, I got the grenade smoky eyes.
I knew that the opponent camp, so  I shot out a few grenades to clear the way to the flag...it was not easy to aim because I was surrounded by smoke and limited visibility (and ping over 100).

So let me get this straight. You play HK - shoot it into smoke - kill teammates multiple times. AND YOU NEVER GET THE IDEA THAT YOUR IDEA OF FUN MIGHT BE SLIGHTLY RECKLESS AND ASSHATTING?

Fuck yea you should be banned for some time. Not !pb, but definitely some days so you can think about how you can avoid killing teammates even with the HK. I'll give you a hint: There is a map where you can check your teammates position.

If you use HK it is YOUR responsibility to avoid hitting them, not theirs knowing where you would like to shoot.

RAW-mEAT

• [b00bs] clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 06:55:22 PM »
Hello,

in my opinion some admins abuse thier rights, why the hell is this a permban? if someone teamkills with hk69 i call it collateral damage if b3 bans for multiple teamkills thats good.
the player normally stops after beeing banned for that.

also if you permban a demo is a must. If you fail to send in demos you should get adminlevel 20 (kick, tb, teams, warn)

please think about that:
players come to our servers to have fun and not getting kick/banned for non eligible reasons. this has to stop.
If someone is disturbing the game he deserves a ban but here it looks really like he just wanted to play some hk69.

i normally forgive tks from hk69 on ctf or tdm because you respawn anyways after a few seconds.

in TS mode its annoying and you deserve a kick for serveral minutes for multi-teamkills.

i dont want to speak for spiki in that but he always say: do not police the server.

care about the cheaters and lamers (spawnblocker/smoker) not about players who do 2 stupid teamkills and get kicked anyways.

use the time instead for playing.

if i were spiki i would add 3 strikes modell. 3 permbans without demo = revoke adminlevel to 20.

(just my opinion)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 06:56:55 PM by RAW-mEAT »

Merc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 07:29:17 PM »
F1 @ Nebel

- There is something called a "Mini-Map" If a teammate is in Blue spawn, you should aim at spots that can guarantee that the teammate won't die by you. I don't care if there are smoke grenades used around you, there is a Mini-Map and a HUGE arrow that points at the direction your mouse points to.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:35:31 PM by Ace »

RAW-mEAT

• [b00bs] clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 07:37:17 PM »
ace. if smokes are not allowed they should be disabled. kicking people for using weapons which are not cool for a admin just sucks. :)

Merc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 07:39:08 PM »
Yeah, I deleted that part and posted it at Server section. :)

I'm just expressing my opinions on how something once fun and interesting has become a smoke/hk69 fest.

RAW-mEAT

• [b00bs] clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 07:43:36 PM »
ok now back to topic.

F1 for unban.

Nebel

• Married
  • RAW-MEAT's apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 07:46:46 PM »

if someone teamkills with hk69 i call it collateral damage if b3 bans for multiple teamkills thats good.

Players also come to our servers because there are no asshatters around. And People that carelessly shoot with HK are asshatters in my opinion. they don't give a fuck about their teammates they just generally aim for spawns the first opponent they see.

If it happy a few times - sure !fp and thats it. But if you just shoot in the general opinion where you suspect an enemy and keep killing teammates while doing that (He said he blatantly shot into smokes) - then gtfo at some point and think about the mini map that is available. If you cant handle the HK in a way that is FUN for ALL players on your team then I just dont give a damn if you have to sit for a week and think about it.

F1 for unban after the weekend.

RAW-mEAT

• [b00bs] clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 08:06:08 PM »
if they fireing into base why should they hit a teammate in ctf? : )

he failed right.. but 2 - 50 minutes ban from b3 is enough.

Nebel

• Married
  • RAW-MEAT's apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 08:36:32 PM »
FLAG!?

OSTree@FunToo

• UrT server admins
  • no shit - just skillzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 08:41:18 PM »
Hi,
just want to say respect RAW-mEAT at this point -  Precisely You hit the heart of the matter.  It's quite a mature approach.
Let's keep perm bans for true problematic units. It's just a game - chill and let's enjoy! (responsibly without abuse)
regards

ps @Ace - Minimap? Yes!, mentioned that when I talked about jumping in blindly.
And @Nebelparder: I do not avoid a responsibility, but let b3 resolve this sort of thing. My problem is just fact of the permban - which is not in place (in my opinion).
Besides, play with me couple of games and you'll see. Nebelparder, Why do you assume that I am an idiot?  8) coz HK? Just take a look: http://www.gametracker.com/ostree/
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:09:50 PM by OSTree@FunToo »

Mercury_Rising

• UrT server admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 11:29:10 PM »
all i can say is this about the matter  (since i wasnt their  so i dunno what truely happened but this is my opnion)

1.  a perma ban for tking is a bit extreme  especially  if the person has not had multiple temp bans before for tking  gets it.  i know hk69  is a fun/annoying weapon to most people ( annoys the hell out of blue cause red can spawn kill/camp like a mofo  if they get enough of them doin it)   hk69  has to be used with some responsibility    you need to watch where your shooting  and hopefully your teammates dont stumble across  one of your funny lookin torpedos  while they are tryin to get to oponents flag.

2  most of the time  for tk    you gotta let  b3 handle  most of them .  most of the times it is  truely  unintentional tk  and hey a 2-10 minute ban   is enough for the person  to settle down  and get their bearings straight.  so they can say  ok this gets me kick ill try this way next time and not kill teammates.  hk69   does keep b3 busy.  since it has such a big AoE   hey  you dunno who might get close enough to it  before it explodes and   sometimes  a teammate  does get too close without realizing it and boom  you get a point  for tk.

3. if the person is truely being a asshat  and shooting  hk69 where he knows teammates are( say like if your shooting either in spawn or just outside the doors  and will not stop doin after  a few minutes/and a few ban/kicks from b3)  a tb from the admin is warranted  because they will not learn from the short time they have been banned by b3 (because unlike some other servers,  b3 doesnt build up time after a few bans and make it longer then the last kick/ban  on these servers) 

now if he was truely doin this  and im not sayin he was  cause i wasnt their so i have no clue what was goin on   he does deserve  a day or 2  temp ban  not a perm ban   unless he continues to do it  on a regular basis and he gets tb  multiple times for it.   i have permabanned  tkers myself  but thats only after 3+ temp bans for weeks on end and also temp bans from other admins   i think  if this was truely a accidental tk  he should get the pb lifted.  i mean  shit happens   things get chaotic  and some teammates do get in the way ( heck i do all the time  just ask spiki  when he has flag on EU UO CTF   i block doorways  by accident and he gets mowed down by opponent lmao)   but if this was his first time doin this pb is too harsh
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:25:35 AM by Mercury_Rising »

OSTree@FunToo

• UrT server admins
  • no shit - just skillzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 07:39:36 AM »
Hi,
@Mercury_Rising we share the same opinions on the topic. Let's look on my xlrstats - without comment, I play Quake since 1996, and then QW, Quake2, Quake3 and so on - you want to tell me something else which so far I do not know? (@Ace)   8)

btw just browsed the echelon - I see that I'm not the only one who got permban for tk. Something here is not so thick...
let me guess who is the author of these permbans (...) What is interesting, is that for tk in spawn people get only tempbans... not fair
I wonder what dowgl say throughout this case.

regards
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:20:03 AM by OSTree@FunToo »