Author Topic: What sensitivity do YOU use?  (Read 10612 times)

JF_|SHIN|

• View Profile
Re: What sensitivity do YOU use?
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2011, 02:14:40 AM »
 Hi folks,

Thx for this thread.
For one, I didnt know I could use /sensitivity in the console. This is cool and an easy way to experiment.
I checked it and I was using 6. I changed it to 4 and it seems a little better.. I take it 1 is the slowest and 10 the highest? Anyway Ill try a few settings and see how it works out.

cheers
-=JF-Shin=-

TaIRaH

• BOOM!!! FOOT SHOT!
    • View Profile
    • ReverseReaction
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2012, 12:33:07 AM »
well since you asked, my system sensitivity is at the max, and urt is at 3 i have /in mouse -1 and im getting used to that harder than you would think but good for making those little movements. i have a razer mousepad control edition and a logitech LS1 laser mouse 5000 dpi witch i just now found out not 5 mins ago via google.

peace out, TeenBeast

NudeDukem

• UrT server admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2012, 05:33:15 AM »
well I changed /m_yaw & /m_pitch and depending on the mouse I set sensitivity to very high and ultra high... for "800" dpi on a -el cheapo-perfect choice my sens was from 65 (automatic) to 70 or more (sniper/jumping).

Now that cheapo died and use a 5 button Fellowes but I needed to double that sens :S
172 is too high?

The-spiki

• Administrator
  • The-spiki is the best
    • View Profile
    • [b00bs] clan website
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 11:32:58 AM »
After a lot of experimenting, I've come to conclusion that for my own needs, it is easiest to leave sensitivity 1 and adjust DPI on mouses until I am satisfied. (setting between 2 and 3 000 DPI on mouses)

Done that way because I have multiple mouses connected to computer, and to avoid all discrepancies with different mouses having different speed in games + same for normal work behavior that was my solution.
I am lucker. no skills at all. ask anyone

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt

[rR]TeKniQue

• Everywhere to be found, yet nowhere to be seen...
    • View Profile
    • The nXt Xzistence
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 07:19:14 AM »
I must agree with Spiki on this slightly. My sensitivity in Urban Terror is at 4. This Razer mouse has so many features making as if my sensitivity was at 10. :P (I'll let the hardware do all the work ;)

leeks

• [b00bs] clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2012, 10:12:18 PM »
DPI: 800/3200 DPi
Windows Sens: 6/11
Driver Sens: 5/10
IG Sens: 1
IG mouseAccel: 0.005
~40cm/360°

TaIRaH

• BOOM!!! FOOT SHOT!
    • View Profile
    • ReverseReaction
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 10:39:17 PM »
update: before i installed linux(yesterday) my windows was 6 for 1to1 movement no accel,
Mouse: razer deathadder-500hz-1800dpi / no accel
ingame settings: in_mouse -1 / sensitivity 2.5 (i like mine slow suckas!) no mouse accel and other settings i dont remember.

No_More!

• [b00bs] clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2012, 02:09:39 PM »
Huh... I just realized something pretty strange... I've been playing horrendously for about 1 1/2 weeks now, I attributed that to the fact that my aim was messed up since I played Tribes a fair bit more than UrT for a while... But it got me wondering when I wasn't becoming used to it again, like it's normal for me...

But NOPE my mouse is giving out on me. It started randomly switching between my 3 settings (all pretty close in the dpi departement [within 300 dpi from one another] so I didn't notice and just chalked it up to moving my wrist too quickly sometimes) and also, every time I click the left mouse button it doubleclicks (REALLY annoying when you're trying to work), only if I softly "stroke" the button, it clicks once... It's not only annoying, I feel like I'm molesting my mouse...

Wellp, I'm gonna get a new one today, and try to get my work to pay for it.

I can still recommend the Razer Imperator to anyone with 64,99€ to spend for a mouse... Just wanted to warn you that those might be signs of it saying bye-bye...

(it's not a driver issue, I tried it on 4 different machines, one of which doesn't have an internet connection, so can't auto-update it's drivers. and I also cleared out the internal memory of the mouse so it doesn't [by some weird chance] have an updater in it's mem. The mouse is borked, just wanted to warn everyone that sometimes you gotta check your mouse for stuff like that)
What? The land of the free? Whoever told you that is your enemy!

If ignorance is bliss, I'd rather dwell in hell.

I am burning alive, from the inside out, for the fire within me can never be extinguished!

Have fun and Happy fragging!

LaVolpe

• UrT server admins
    • View Profile
    • Hacking4fun | it's pretty new not update yet :(
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2012, 10:14:59 PM »
I've got 9 :D
but 29 ? How the hell you can manage this?

Ixh

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2013, 05:08:38 PM »
Mine sensitivity in urt is 1 atm, in_mouse -1, m_pitch and m_yaw are both 0.01
Windows mouse is 10/11 and on the mouse dpi is 4100(both x and y), pol is 1000 no accel.
Im mainly posting this here for myself since i just got my new mouse wich is razer taipan ( in case someone is asking)
so im making some changes in the near future all thou this seems good atm.

-ix-

karlmariaseeberg

• UrT server admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2013, 05:28:11 PM »
why change pitch and yaw? ... my cfg says 0.22 on both ... seems to be default .. what advantage do you get from  lowering those values?

Ixh

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2013, 05:47:35 PM »
Since im lazy actually write stuff myself i googled an explanation for u :)
http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showthread.php?6739-Mouse-Settings

-ix-

karlmariaseeberg

• UrT server admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 05:56:13 PM »
well, i knew what those values are set up to do .. what i don't know is why you would lower them .. the only value i ever changed is sensitivity ....

Ixh

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 06:50:24 PM »
well because im a mouse settings freak :p
and if i would use the def settings it would take me ages to find the right sensitivity for me.
i can't be just happy when it's feels "ok" meaning i  use values after the comma going them over on stages.
and therefor i lowered my pitch and yaw don't want to go over too many digits ^^

Positive

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2013, 07:37:52 AM »
I use my sensitivity at 7.5678 or 8. These values help me luck the most :D     

My system sensitivity is quite high as well. I use a simple, cheap Microsoft mouse. Its actually quite good. As for /mouseaccl I have no idea. Anyone no how to use this?

Thanks