Author Topic: What sensitivity do YOU use?  (Read 10614 times)

SubZ

• [b00bs] clan
  • ŚÚߏ ŐŴŃŹ ŶŐÚŹ
    • View Profile
What sensitivity do YOU use?
« on: May 02, 2010, 03:07:20 AM »
Simple question question :)
To check type /sensitivity in console, the defult is 5  so whats yours and what is the best sensitivity
Anyway I been playing on 13 sensitivity but now i pimped my sensitivity to the max 29 sensitivity, slowly getting grips with it.

The-spiki

• Administrator
  • The-spiki is the best
    • View Profile
    • [b00bs] clan website
Re: What sensitivity do YOU use?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 02:09:17 PM »
Simple question question :)
To check type /sensitivity in console, the defult is 5  so whats yours and what is the best sensitivity
Anyway I been playing on 13 sensitivity but now i pimped my sensitivity to the max 29 sensitivity, slowly getting grips with it.

29. ROFLMAO

I may be wrong but it's all the same after some point. 10 or something like that.

Mine is currently 2,5 at main desktop. Looking at config backups I see mostly 2,5 and sometimes 3. Mouse Logitech RX 1000, cheap mousepad, OS Linux.

On the machine at that other place ::) i play sometimes it is 3. Mouse Logitech RX 300, old Sun fabric mousepad, OS is Linux.
I am lucker. no skills at all. ask anyone

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt

haydugjr

• [b00bs] clan
    • View Profile
    • Steroids
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 10:17:14 PM »
3.  and a $20 mouse I found at RadioShack. No mousepad. The kitchen table has never felt so rough :D
No but im thinking of using danabol tablets just to build up a little leg muscle, as i am a hard gainer. I would only use them for a few weeks though.

Ottovonbayern

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 12:34:43 AM »
12.47, a 800 pixels mouse and no pad.

Before I had the MX 518 since years. I was a little better with it.

|WC|MenTuL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 03:10:37 AM »
First, sens 29 doesnt tell anything, u should put it as cm/360 as mine is 50cm/360, basically 12 inches per 180. And never, ever go above 400dpi, dpi is not important, poll rate is what counts, if u look at pro configs even though they use high dpi gaming grade mice they only use 400dpi but its worth the money since the responce rate is soo much faster. The greatest shot in Q3 to day "Cypher" still uses a basic 400dpi mouse. Its all about control baby.

pure season

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 11:39:39 AM »
to get the best Hoping skills i use 25 but for ctf i use 15.

your_mom

• UrT server admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 02:00:55 PM »
I used to play with 4 but now I went down to 3. I changed it after watching a demo of me with /timescale 0.1 and noticing how terribly bad my aim was. :P Jumping might get harder though, but I'm trying to get used to using left/right/back directional keys for walljumping anyway, so hopefully that won't be a problem.

My mouse: an ancient Logitech MX510 (yeah, I handle my stuff with care :) )
OS: Ubuntu 10.4 (Accelleration is set all the way to slow in gnome - I hope this disables it)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:03:32 PM by your_mom »

elsif

• Leave me alone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 03:17:09 PM »
too often cl_mouseaccel is overlooked.  Tweaking this value will give you the ability to get those 'twitch' shots.

Velocity

• [b00bs] clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 05:32:02 AM »
I use a high sensitivity. It is hard to tell where it is exactly, because i use a mamba mouse (5600 dpi) with my pointer speed (mouse setting) on the third notch.

But it's probably equivalent to 9.

I was told by a very good player ;) that sensitivity should be set so that when you flick your mouse once, you should do a 180 degree spin, so that you are looking directly behind with one flick of the wrist. It took me a while to get used to this setting (as i was used to a much lower setting--3), i also lost my ability to do all those head shots; but a higher sensitivity definitely paid off, because i was always getting shot in the back, and it took too long for me to turn around.

Oh and make sure "Enhance pointer precision" under mouse properties is UNchecked :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 05:36:32 AM by Velocity »

TripleD

• [b00bs] clan
  • TripleD that's me
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 11:27:47 AM »
haha guys
I use the highest... it's the best for sniping etc. because you dont have to move your mouse alot... Btw scoping with a low sensetivity wont work because u are to slow
TIP from the best xD
another one bites the dust and another one and another one  and another one bites the dust
!!!!!SR8 !!!!!

Primevil

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 06:06:53 PM »
I play on 6 Sensitivity - With a Razer Naga Epic Mouse and a Razer Ironclad mousepad =)

SubZ

• [b00bs] clan
  • ŚÚߏ ŐŴŃŹ ŶŐÚŹ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 03:48:48 PM »
I play on 3 now since i got my Razer Imperator mouse & Razer Vespula mousepad.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:51:59 PM by SubZ »

King

• I'm the King!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 06:23:20 PM »
Max :)
I'm the King!

RayLewis

• [b00bs] clan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 06:03:49 PM »
I'm a bit of an anomaly in the upper end of the N.A. urt scene as i brought my cpma mouse setup over to UrT.  I rock a .1 sensitivity with a cl_mouseaccel of .005, My 360/cm isn't really a concern with this setup.   Now I don't go into all that hype of the top quake3 pro gamers.  I've used this setup for quite awhile and previously have had success in q3 against some of those the 'pros' who typically end up having a static style that they all emulate.   I believe you just need to settle into something you feel comfortable with and perfect it. When you feel you can't improve much further with your current setup and are still losing confrontations or seem to be inhibited in movement or some other vital skill, then it may be a good idea to change things up.  However, remember, changing things up even a little can set you back drastically until you get instincitvely used to it again.

Barney

• [b00bs] clan
  • I'm awesome. True story!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 07:35:32 PM »
I use 3.5 =)
I'm awesome. True story!