Poll

I already said, our public servers are for relaxed and fun play. b00bsnight we play seriously, and so do we most matches.

Stacking teams 6 vs 3 and being assholes on purpose is OK.  (And KEEPING it that way f for 10 minutes straight?)
0 (0%)
Admins should not take 5 - 10 minutes to notice this.
0 (0%)
Orphal should have been temp banned 1 day for being such a douchebag.
1 (100%)
You got your friends back, but, tell him when he's so clearly wrong.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: February 23, 2014, 03:50:38 AM

Author Topic: Orphal cheating today  (Read 9189 times)

Critofur

• Taking a cap when u know it's 6 vs 3 _IS_ cheating
    • View Profile
Re: Orphal cheating today
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 08:45:36 PM »
  Do you have an email? or a teamspeak because many of us hangout there and some of us pay attention to our emails and respond quickly do yourself a favor and before ranting someone who was here for so long and does more then expected,...
ITS ONLY A GOD DAMN GAME IF YOU THINK THIS IS SERIOUS GET A LIFE!

Well - I take it seriously, I'm like a crack addict, but my addiction is Urban Terror... 

p.s., and anybody else: Even if you hate me and just want to bitch at me, go ahead and add me to your MSN:  critofur@hotmail.com  But please, don't sign me up for SPAM...

I had admin rights before, don't remember who gave me.  Would it be a problem if to simply give EVERYONE access to the !teams command?

I want to ask, everyone who's complaining to me about how lame I am, please, look at that screenshot one more time and think about what it shows.  ::)

If you were told teams were bad 5 minutes ago, you laugh at the person who told you and call them crybaby, then you cap 5 more times - you are the worst kind of scum in multi-payer games, you are worse than noobs using aimbots and wallhacks.  Do NOT say you are not cheating, it's absurd.

pure season

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 09:17:32 PM »
Well good luck getting Admin  ;D but i think he might give you Mod to see how you doing :P.

pure season

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 09:19:27 PM »
And also breath some fresh air man it will help you good :) calms me down all the time...

Critofur

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 10:08:37 PM »
And also breath some fresh air man it will help you good :) calms me down all the time...
:P  I spend about 2 hours per day walking my one year old daughter Asuka - once in the morning and once in the evening.

Alas, I am a poor college student at the moment, and f'ing lame American ISPs don't provide an affordable Internet service with fast enough upload speeds to run a good server (in Japan I could have MORE than enough ul bandwidth for $30 a month).  I'd love to have my own server which would auto-pause when teams became un-even by more than one player...

Access to !teams command is granted to anyone who asks. You had it too. Stop evading tempbans by changing id and you'll have it.

While it's true that I don't tolerate abusive temp bans, that is not the main reason for my GUID changes.  The main reason is that there are a few assholes that look for me and either A) use a second computer to add an AFK to my team, or, B) join my team and play bad on purpose so I'll loose.  The reasons for this vary, I'm sure some are simply sick of my arrogance and so enjoy doing that sort of thing to me enough to spend time doing it.  Other reasons may be having a grudge against me for kicking their ass, most of the time, I imagine it's some combination of the two.  Years ago, probably when I didn't talk trash quite as much, there were quite a few players that respected me, and would look for me online (there are still a few, but not so many these days) but, more recently, over the past few years I've had a larger hate club than a fan club (beyond those who simply think I'm lame). 

I have observed that behavior specifically several times for certain, and other times I haven't bothered to stop and spectate - but - something I have noticed consistantly in the past, during times when the "hate club" was particularly bad, that if I connect with a different guid/name I would have great matches, then, if I switched back to my name Critofur, the tables would turn, dramatically....

Well good luck getting Admin  ;D but i think he might give you Mod to see how you doing :P.
I'm sure he'd give me admin today so long as I committed to following his rules, and, not be a jerk.

As it stands otherwise, I'm on thin ice, as I have trouble holding my tongue when people think it's too much trouble to bother noticing that somebody has been screaming TEAMS!!! DO NOT CAP TEAMS TEAMS TEAMS!!! for the last minute and a half...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:50:35 AM by Critofur »
If you were told teams were bad 5 minutes ago, you laugh at the person who told you and call them crybaby, then you cap 5 more times - you are the worst kind of scum in multi-payer games, you are worse than noobs using aimbots and wallhacks.  Do NOT say you are not cheating, it's absurd.

The-spiki

• Administrator
  • The-spiki is the best
    • View Profile
    • [b00bs] clan website
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 02:23:47 PM »
> For some reason you are constantly avoiding commenting on my main point and that is that (unfair cap is not cheating) and this could have been avoided...
Meaning team could have been fixed with simple !teams command from you...

I constantly address that point.  I don't see how anyone could even argue that it is not cheating.  In ANY team  competition such as futbol, football, baseball, basketball, etc. etc. if one of the teams put extra players on the field any score would not count.  If they tried to do it again, they (the whole team) would be disqualified and ejected from the match.

And for those competitions it is clear in rules that they play 6 vs 6 or 11 vs 11 etc.
When you play in public terrain, teams often aren't equal.

Find me "official" rule that says in Urban Terror public servers it is not allowed to play with diff number of players...

I agree with you posting on forum. This way it's public, and other players can also see how it functions on [b00bs] servers. Pure is not our member so take his comments with a grain of salt.

If I'm playing on Boobs, and there's another good player, but a bunch of people start being jerks because there's no Admin on, what's the harm in asking the good player if they want to try another server?  Why wouldn't you want me to do that??? 

Yes, I don't want you to do that.
b00bs-clan.com/urtrules

If you don't like it, go play elsewhere and make admins stop the game, everyone freezing, only player who took the flag going back to return it and other such "fair" play.

I already said, our public servers are for relaxed and fun play. b00bsnight we play seriously, and so do we most matches.

If it's not clear, match != round on public server. match = clan vs clan.
I am lucker. no skills at all. ask anyone

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt

The-spiki

• Administrator
  • The-spiki is the best
    • View Profile
    • [b00bs] clan website
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 02:39:45 PM »
As said previously, whatever Pure says is not representing "official" (lol) [b00bs] stance on the matter.

F1, yes, i would either give you admin or mod + change !force to be mod command if you were able to control yourself and follow the rules.

I am not confident you are correct that people open up another urt, join same team as you and go afk all the time just to piss you off.
Though, this just made me think a bit how to check if it's really happening and how it can be worked around.
Guess game announcing to admins when there are players entering from same ip... it would spam way too many people (admins).
Obvious solution would be Crito having !force command... and if someone is repeatedly entering his team and being afk, then !forceteam play spec lock until end of the round... but that wouldn't stop people entering and "playing bad" on purpose...

However, I can confirm that i did notice few times, some players did obstructions on purpose. For example, entering one team and blocking doors on purpose, or being afk most of the time... to get the "other team" win, so their friend would get more points etc... when people were still under impression that points/rank on the server are "the" way to enter into [b00bs].

The-spiki

• Administrator
  • The-spiki is the best
    • View Profile
    • [b00bs] clan website
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 02:43:07 PM »
Btw,

If you are willing to pay for your server on monthly basis (upfront), ping me and i'll hook you up. I mean, i can provide that :)

You can choose maxplayers and all other variables, server gets opened with you as top admin on b3 and from there you regulate in game play however you want.

Sounds interesting?

pure season

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 05:13:11 PM »
hmmm maybe you can make senior mods that have the power to use the !force commands and !kick command as i do sometimes see those asshats who go afk, they get T banned for 2 min from too many warning (AFK) then come back on and goto the same team again and im forced to keep warning them until they get annoyed.

Critofur

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 07:42:08 PM »
I am not confident you are correct that people open up another urt, join same team as you and go afk all the time just to piss you off.
I've observed people being AFK for more than 1/2 hour.  I've observed people reconnecting and immediately going back to being AFK after being kicked.  I've observed people occasionally play for a brief period then going back to being AFK after they were complained about.

Used to be, no matter what empty server I go to, a few people would come quickly.  Sometimes it's people that recognize my name and just want a good game, and sometimes it's people that come just to be jerks on purpose. 

I have observed (a few times, not within the last few weeks though) when I have played for a while under a different name, and then change my name to Critofur one or two, and sometimes three, people will connect with names I've never seen before, usually some jackass names that are insulting will connect and do things like spawn exit blocking, be mostly AFK, or just screw around not helping my team.

Also, two particular players I've vaguely known for years like to play on a stacked team and particularly enjoy taking caps with 2 - 3 extra players on there team and then say "QQ" when I complain.  I have NEVER seen them try to balance the server by switching sides, this is something I do frequently.  About the only time I won't do that is when I particularly want to play against someone on the other team.  Sometimes lately however, I've just felt discouraged that the people who care about the whole server providing a fun experience for both teams is in the small minority. 

"I don't see a written rule" - not all rules are written because some things are just common sense!  Such as fixing teams with multiple extra players before ruining the match for the whole other team .  I understand that if a player on one team leaves just as the other team was about to cap that in the spirit of a fun/easy going public server you don't want to be anal and restart the match/kick the player whatever.  But that's not been what I've complained about so vehemently.  I've complained about people who refuse to hold up for just a moment and fix teams after MULTIPLE requests - sometimes even where the winning team with 3 - 4 extra players quickly caps over and over and over, maybe even a half dozen times and just laughs at the other team.

Is that fun?  Fun like beating up homeless people.  Fun like getting drunk and raping schoolgirls.  Fun like going out with baseball bats and beating people of a different race.  Fun like sticking firecrackers in an animals butt and lighting it.  One sided fun, unfun for the people on the other side.  Is that the kind of one-sided abusive fun you want on your server?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 07:44:27 PM by Critofur »

Ke$ha!

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 07:45:52 PM »
Yes critofur, the UrT world has it against you. People willingly waste their time watching qtracker for you, then coming to harass you.

The-spiki

• Administrator
  • The-spiki is the best
    • View Profile
    • [b00bs] clan website
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 08:24:32 PM »
I am repeatedly telling you i do not pay attention to every single chat line in the game. 80% of that is just mindless chatter anyway.

You have few options.
- You'll get !teams next time i see you online to even up teams number wise.
- Behave accordingly to our rules and you will have !force to move AFKers.
- Spend some money and you get your own server on which you can set your own rules.
- Stop complaining and play somewhere else.

Anyway, i am done discussing this...

Critofur

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 11:20:22 PM »
Yes critofur, the UrT world has it against you. People willingly waste their time watching qtracker for you, then coming to harass you.
You don't believe me?  Anyway, I think it's only a few people - but yes, it's a fact and I've seen it for certain at least a few times over the last 3 - 4 years...

Critofur

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 01:19:56 AM »
Ok, whatever GUID I'm using when you give me !teams, I'll copy it to a file called boobs_guid :)  Then I can use that whenever I connect.

!teams should be enough for me that if I'm STILL bothered, I can just leave, and not harrass people on your server...

Good, right?

If I'm still around after a while, well, I dunno, maybe admin.

Anyway, how much do you pay per month for a 10 slot server?

I'm a poor unemployed college student with two kids at the moment, which is why I was bitching that the US ISPs don't give good enough service to run a server on your home connection  :'(  :'(  :'(  (One of a few reasons why I'd like to move to Japan)

From my screenshot it should be obvious that it was not a matter of people just not noticing someone saying teams right away, it was one of those days where it kept happening over and over...

I am repeatedly telling you i do not pay attention to every single chat line in the game. 80% of that is just mindless chatter anyway.

You have few options.
- You'll get !teams next time i see you online to even up teams number wise.
- Behave accordingly to our rules and you will have !force to move AFKers.
- Spend some money and you get your own server on which you can set your own rules.
- Stop complaining and play somewhere else.

Anyway, i am done discussing this...

Critofur

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010, 04:53:58 AM »
Haha, somebody connected to TK me and block the spawn door - prob. just thought this thread was either funny or too lame ;D

Anyway, the team damage ban booted him then the game was fine.  I took a demo of it just in case anybody doubts :P

Goodnight!

The-spiki

• Administrator
  • The-spiki is the best
    • View Profile
    • [b00bs] clan website
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 02:00:02 PM »
Attach the demo to post, or better yet also send it to urtadmins@b00bs-clan.com
I would like to check who that fscker was :)

About servers:
Residential /home internet connections, no matter how good they look on paper (30 Mb/s download) are not good enough for providing services to others... especially something like games where latency is biggest issue. Most of the time these connections are asymetrical, so you get good download speed, but poor upload... and packets are going trough lots of equipment until they hit your home... You may try it though, maybe it will work fine for your needs.

I am not paying per slot. We are paying for servers on top of which i set urban terror, b3, and whatnot. We have 5 (actually 6) servers for b00bs and we have enough power to drive few more servers. I do not have intention on opening many new servers as we are now over our human capacity administering these servers.

Most costs for [b00bs] servers are on me, and i am slowly trying out different ways to try and cover some of the monetary part. One of them is "subrenting" or "selling" game servers.

- If you have about 100 USD to burn, get dedicated box and you can run many game servers on it as do we.
- If you only want one game server, lowest prices in USA are about 0,8 USD / slot for private server, and 1,25 USD / slot for public server... not including b3 bots etc which would be additional cost from another company and price is about 10-15 USD / per server...
- If you want the service from "us"/"me", I could open game server for you on our USA servers and charge 15 USD / month for 10 slot public server with b3 (the !teams, !force, and other commands).