Author Topic: [b00bs] EU TS 1on1 tournament  (Read 23818 times)

Nebel

• Married
  • RAW-MEAT's apprentice
    • View Profile
[b00bs] EU TS 1on1 tournament
« on: January 07, 2012, 02:15:42 AM »
Alright KMS came up with the idea of doing this, this will be the official topic for all matches the tournament tree and the rules. I will expand this topic over the next days so I suggest you periodically take a look.

As  there will only regulars of the mentioned server allowed in the competition I expect everyones conduct to be beyond any questions or doubt, but I'll briefly announce the rules and the mode that we will be playing.

Mode

We will determine the tournament format depending on the number of signups, but from what I have heard so far it should be a single elim Playoff tournament.
  • All matches will be played bo3 format with fraglimit 10.
  • Map is Uptown.
  • The player to win 2 rounds wins the match, the amount of frags by the other player has no impact.
Rules
  • You are responsible for scheduling your matches, agree with your opponent, post the match time on the forum and I will send both of you the password for the server ahead of time. Please be on time :). If you agree on atime very shortly before the match feel free to connect to b00bs TS3 to find someone who can setup the server.
  • Record demos.
  • Make end round screenshots. The winner is responsible for posting the screenshots in this thread.
  • You can request the demos of your opponent, he is then required to upload the demos and post the link in this thread. Please do so timely after the match.
  • Bug use is strictly prohibited. That includes SR8 and Knife bugs for example.
  • During the tournament it is your responsibility to check the forums for PM's from your opponents or updates on this thread.
  • Sportsmanlike conduct is expected which includes but is not limited to behaviour on the server (chat / delays).

Tips
  • As some havent played matches yet, take the following helpers for demos and screenshots.
  • The server will be running on matchmode use \ready to ready up before the match.
  • In matchmode the demo starts automatically if you set this up correctly in URT settings.
  • Set screenshots to "matchmode only" to automatically create screenshots when the match is done.
  • Screenshots can be uploaded in this forums media section.
  • Demos should be uploaded to a filehoster of your preference as long as it is available for download.

I'll unlock it when we officially start playing. Feel free to send me PM's with comments before.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:37:26 AM by Nebelparder »

karlmariaseeberg

• UrT server admins
    • View Profile
Re: [b00bs] EU TS 1on1 tournament
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »
.. i am all for the elimination idea ...

btw. got a question ..
when i got the pw for the server, i'll connect to the server, my opponent does as well, we both get "/ready" and the tournament starts, there is no way back, no way to take a break, no way to restart ...
it's serious business right way.... (ya....i'm one of those never played competitive matches)?

for those who never connected to a password protected server (no shame in that, did it for the first time a few days ago:)
1. open console using tilde or press shift+esc
2./connect <ip address>:<port>; password <this_is_the_example_password>
for example: /connect 88.120.30.101:27960; password hometown
3.play your game

karl

Nebel

• Married
  • RAW-MEAT's apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 04:35:55 PM »
You can do /timeout and the game will timeout until you resume (or the timeout runs out). But it shouldnt be an issue to be /ready after you typed /ready :D. Since it is fraglimit 10 it should be fine without timeouts actually. There will be a break between the rounds anyhow. (remember best of 3 :))

Nebel

• Married
  • RAW-MEAT's apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 12:29:01 AM »
So we have a server and a tree :).

If you want to take a look at the server it is at eu.b00bs-clan.com:27999 ; password test

And here is the tree. I will start sending emails tomorrow so you can start scheduling your matches.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:34:46 AM by Nebelparder »

Oldman

• UrT server admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 07:34:02 AM »
Sorry everyone, but I can not take part in it because of the time LIMIT. I just do not have access to a computer at all times. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
Oldman.

Nebel

• Married
  • RAW-MEAT's apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 08:10:02 AM »
You are not even due to play until next week oldman - but as you wish.

karlmariaseeberg

• UrT server admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 08:13:13 AM »
oh come on olds ... you can't do this to us...

it's up to you to arrange time and date with your opponent ... no one tells you when you have to play your matches... absolutely no way you can do this?

the sad and unhappy karl

north-uk

• UrT server admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 03:03:43 PM »
Hi all, just to let you know Lexter I am free Saturday 10pm if you are too just let me know  :o if not just give me a time ill try to make it.... ;)
pwning :@

Lexter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 05:00:53 PM »
10 pm might be little bit late cause its saturday ... cant u paly lil bit earlier?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:04:58 PM by Lexter »

Sunra

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 05:06:38 PM »
I've received the email, just to let you know, hoping to organise a time this weekend but i'm not sure if my opponent is very active? (hadouken)

Lexter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 05:07:47 PM »
isnt it possible for you to play @7 or 8 o'clock in the evening (imjustagirl) ?

north-uk

• UrT server admins
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 07:43:30 PM »
Yea I can do 7pm is that a date then ?
pwning :@

Lexter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »
would say yes :P (if nothing disturbs me)

Nebel

• Married
  • RAW-MEAT's apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 08:44:23 PM »
would say yes :P (if nothing disturbs me)

7pm CET it is for the both of you.

Lexter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 08:54:14 PM »
well see heheheh  8)